Nature found a way to Blu Ray!
Universal has done it again. They knocked it out of the park last year with their Back to the Future Blu Ray set. I thought it would be impossible to follow up that effort. Nay Universal said. Nay indeed. They’ve gone and done the same, if not better job with their other great trilogy.
Now, I’m sure everyone has seen Jurassic Park. If you haven’t, shame of a million orphans upon you. If you have, then I say this: BUY THIS DVD SET!
First off: Heres one set of reasons why:
- The Making of Jurassic Park
- The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- The Making of Jurassic Park III
- Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
- Early Pre-Production Meetings
- The World of Jurassic Park
- The Magic of Industrial Light & Magic
- Location Scouting
- Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors in the Kitchen
- The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton
- Industrial Light & Magic and Jurassic Park: Before and After the Visual Effects
- Industrial Light & Magic and The Lost World: Jurassic Park Before & After
- The Industrial Light & Magic Press Reel
- A Visit to Industrial Light & Magic
- Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
- Dinosaur Turntables
- The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park III
- Montana: Finding New Dinosaurs
- Animatics: T-Rex Attack
- The Special Effects of Jurassic Park III
- The Sounds of Jurassic Park III
- The Art of Jurassic Park III
- Tour of Stan Winston Studio
- Feature Commentary with Special Effects Team
- Production Archives: Storyboards, Models, Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Drawings
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
New to Blu Ray:
“Return to Jurassic Park” — This six-part documentary features all-new interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.
- Dawn of a New Era
- Making Pre-history
- The Next Step in Evolution
- Finding The Lost World
- Something Survived
- The Third Adventure
That’s a tonn of special features. In a day and age when special features seem to ironically be going the way of the dinosaur, Jurassic Park is a stacked DVD set.
Second: ALL THREE MOVIES LOOK AWESOME
Watching Jurassic Park on HD is mind blowingly amazing. The film is nearly 20 years old, and hot damn, I’d be lying if it didn’t look better than when I saw it the first time on the big screen. The dinosaur special effects look fantastic, and hold true to being far better than many of the CG effects today. Hell, there’s one point at the end of the film that you can see the camera lens reflecting back. Jurassic Park is among the finest transfers I’ve seen yet.
Lost World, looks just as great as well. Of the three films, honestly though, this is my least favorite. Then there’s Jurassic Park 3. A film that I love a lot. Take out Tea Leoni and it’s the perfect dinosaur film. Quick, terrifying, Grant’s back, and a fight between T-Rex and a Spinosaurus. What’s not to love? WHAT I ASK.
Look, it’s pretty cut and dry. The Jurassic Park trilogy is a must own DVD set. Amongst great DVD releases this year, it ranks at the top. There’s honestly no downside to this set. Go on out, pick it up, and start quoting lines.